Dra Filomena Ramilho, well respected tax expert and principal of Granja Centro Empresarial in Sintra, is visiting the Algarve on March 10, 11 and 12.
THE OFFSHORE SITUATION
Dra Filomena’s mission is two-fold. On Wednesday March 10 she will make a presentation to those who have yet to resolve their situation with properties held in offshore companies. Many people failed to take action in 2003, but there are still options open that could lessen the financial outlay for many owners.
Dra Filomena will be offering three solutions for enabling you to move your property out of an offshore company. She will give details of the full costs involved for each solution.
Further, she will discuss the fiscal obligations you need to fulfil to remain within the law before May 31 2004 and tax payable in 2004 if your property is held within an offshore company.
The final part of Dra Filomena’s presentation will cover tax payable in 2005 and over the following years when your property is not held in an offshore company.
UPDATING YOU ON DOING BUSINESS IN PORTUGAL
On Friday March 12, Dra Filomena’s presentation will be a full day on ensuring that those in business, either with limitada companies, or as individuals, are aware of the latest changes in law. The seminar will include:
• Portuguese tax system applying to green receipts, small and medium companies and also individuals (self-employed), offshore and labour area.
• Labour Area, new work legislation, new rights for employees and employers, government subsidies for new employees, social security exemption for employees and managers, fiscal benefits for investment, and governments subsidies investment.
• Portuguese tax system for 2004, legalising, tax regimes, accounts and fiscal organisation.
• Procedure re tax to pay in 2004 for offshore, pending finanças.
• Questions and answers and contact details given for a more personal analysis.
Both of the seminars are being held at the Hotel Náutico in Armação de Pêra.
The Offshore Seminar will commence at 9.45am, with the presentation taking us up to lunch, which is included in the price. The afternoon will be spent discussing individual issues, so if you are attending, please bring along as much documentation as you can concerning your property and your current offshore arrangements. The cost for this seminar is 50 euros, including IVA. There is a reduction of 10 per cent for Network members, AFPOP members or those who are currently clients of Granja.
The Doing Business in Portugal Seminar will also commence at 9.45am. This is a full day seminar, anticipated to finish at 5pm. Once again, lunch is included in the price of 85 euros including IVA and if you are a member of Network, AFPOP or a current client of Granja, the cost to you will be 75 euros.
• To attend please email [email protected] or fax 282 342 939.