Vila do Bispo offers wheelchair-accessible van to local fire fighters

A brand new vehicle equipped to carry people with reduced mobility has been handed over to Vila do Bispo’s fire station by the local council.

The wheelchair-accessible van, costing €36,000, was mostly funded by the EU (75%), with the remaining 25% coming from the local authority.

It was presented to the president of the firemen’s association Carlos Costa on April 9 by mayor Adelino Soares.