Two Indian men in hospital after gas explosion in Armação de Pêra

Two Indian men have been hospitalised with “serious burns” after a gas bottle exploded in a home in Armação de Pêra yesterday (February 19).

A source from the Rescue Operations Control of the Algarve (CDOS) told the Resident that the explosion happened in a house near the local Pingo Doce supermarket at around 7.57pm.

So far, it has not been revealed if the men actually lived in the house.

All that is known is that the two victims, aged 25 and 33, were taken to Faro Hospital with “first and second degree burns”.

The 25-year-old has already been released, while the other is still being treated in the hospital’s surgery ward.

PJ police have confirmed they are investigating the explosion but cannot reveal whether criminal activity is involved.

By MICHAEL BRUXO [email protected]