Three injured in explosion at Vila Galé Lagos restaurant

Three people were injured – two seriously – after a bottle of alcohol exploded during a live cooking show at the restaurant of Vila Galé Lagos Hotel on Monday.

Two German clients – male, aged 83 and 69 – sustained serious injuries while a Portuguese man, 50, suffered light injuries.

The incident occured at around 6.45pm.

The hotel management said in a statement that it is collaborating with local authorities and following closely the guests’ health condition, ensuring that all appropriate safety measures are implemented to prevent future incidents.”