In the previous article we spoke of how the uprise in wellness and remote working trends were setting the standards for the rise in real estate investment in Portugal. But the country is also known for offering quite a few financial benefits to those looking at buying a property here.
Enticing schemes for property buyers
Portugal currently offers two schemes aimed at foreign buyers, both offering enticing financial incentives. The non-habitual residents (NHR) tax regime includes a relatively low rate (10%) on pensions and tax exemption on almost all income from foreign sources. The Portuguese Residency Visa Permit – also known as the Golden Visa – allows free travel in the EU and Schengen countries to buyers of properties valued at €500,000 or more. However, changes in this legislation will come into effect from 1st January 2022, limiting investors from buying properties in Lisbon, Porto, and the Algarve, to help drive investment away from these high-demand areas, so for those considering investing in them, now is the perfect time to do it.
Pedro Reimão, Executive Board Member at Vale do Lobo comments: “One interpretation of this welcome surge in property investment is that the market is responding to recent pivotal world events. The COVID-19 pandemic has inspired many to look at Portugal and Vale do Lobo as a safe haven, where they can live life to the full. And Brexit has given rise to a flurry of interest from clients wanting to take advantage of the Golden Visa scheme before the rules change in January 2022. Such strong signs of property activity prove that a Vale do Lobo home continues to entice as a highly desirable investment. Our resort boasts a strong sense of community and social energy, a rich menu of amenities and experiences, and an enviable beachfront situation. In many ways, Vale do Lobo is the region’s sweet spot and the natural choice for savvy homebuyers.”
A world of experiences – buying, staying and living in Vale do Lobo
- Properties – the official real estate team hold a broad portfolio of apartments, townhouses and villas for permanent residence, holiday home or investment.
- Plots – Vale do Lobo has a selection of premium beachfront and golf-view locations for buyers with the vision to build their dream home:
- Oceano Clube – exclusive ocean-facing plots from 650sqm to 4,500sqm, prices from €1,300,000;
- Vale Real – prime plots with golf course views from 840sqm to 1,600sqm, prices from €1,150,000.
- Property management – the team offer a full property management service for owners, along with a guaranteed investment return package on selected properties.
- Rentals – for the ultimate Algarve holiday, the resort offers a wide range of accommodation options, from exclusive detached villas to family-friendly apartments.
- Holiday packages – visitors can combine a break in Vale do Lobo with golf, tennis, and spa treatments, or take advantage of their special promotions.
- 24-Hour reception – the team are there to help day and night, from arranging transport to organising babysitting services.
- Beachfront Praça – with its restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, and swimming pools, the Praça is the social heart of the resort throughout the year.
- Year-round experiences – the resort’s busy calendar includes regular activities and special workshops with acclaimed experts promoting active, healthy, sustainable, and meaningful living. Residents and guests alike can enjoy concerts, outdoor markets, charity and cultural events.
- Total Wellbeing – for personal wellness, Vale do Lobo has a fitness centre, spa, medical centre and dental clinic, as well as a full menu of sports and activities.
- Golf club – one of the most active in Portugal, featuring open days, club competitions, tournaments and events that maintain its renowned community spirit.
- Ocean golf course (18-holes; Par 73; 6,137m) – undulating fairways run alongside the nature reserve, before leading gently down to the coast, treating golfers to some of the most spectacular views in the Algarve.
- Royal golf course (18-holes; Par 72; 6,059m) – ranking with Portugal’s top golf courses, its famous 16th, with its cliff-top carryover, is one of Europe’s most challenging and photographed holes.