The much-anticipated inauguration of the Ombria Resort is set for Autumn 2022.
Spread over more than 150 hectares right at the heart of the authentic Algarve, the Ombria Resort is a luxury sustainable development that will feature a five-star hotel managed by Viceroy Hotels & Resorts, an 18-hole signature golf course and several different types of homes for sale. Sustainability and environmental protection are key factors that have been built into each stage of the low-density design development process at Ombria Resort and, using bioclimatic architectural principles as well as renewable solar and geothermal energies, all buildings are considered “smart houses”, equipped with cutting-edge technology and efficient resource management. The design of Ombria Resort respects the surrounding environment and safeguards the integrity of the indigenous landscape.
The resort has several investment options available to cater for investors looking for a property to live, holiday or retire in. Sophisticated, stylish, and comfortable, the award-winning Viceroy Residences are professionally managed, operated, marketed and branded by a leading international hotel company. Owners effectively benefit from hassle-free ownership that combines a rental income with the potential for above-average increase in property value.
The Viceroy Residences include 65 one- and two-bedroom apartments, part of and located within the Viceroy at the Ombria Resort hotel, from €555,350. The Alcedo Villas are 12 individual detached homes from €2.5 million, located next to the hotel on a hillside plot, perched above a stream and with panoramic views of the golf course and the surrounding natural landscape. Ranging from three- to seven-bedroom villas, which will be set in individual plots of between 1,700–3,300sqm each, the design of the villas maximises views, privacy and sun exposure for each one.
Owners will have privileged access to the resort facilities, including spa, restaurants and golf course. Far from the ordinary, Ombria Resort’s 18-hole course is woven artfully into the picturesque hillsides of the rural Algarve, blending seamlessly with the ancient rivers and trees, creating a naturally diverse setting for a truly memorable round of golf. Planned to open in autumn 2022, players will enjoy the outstanding facilities and the perfect all-year round climate.
What stands out on this course is its diversity of play and challenge: The front nine play out at the foot of sweeping hillside banks and, from the 10th tee, players are treated to a breathtaking panorama of the back nine spreading throughout an idyllic river valley.
Ombria Resort’s golf course was recognised with a GEO Foundation certification, showing and outlining the ways in which the construction of the golf development, from construction to design, has benefited local communities and the environment.
Key advantages of buying in the Ombria Resort:
- Tranquil inland location, surrounded by nature, in touch with the ‘Authentic Algarve’, yet close to the beach and airport.
- Five-star hotel managed by Viceroy Hotels & Resorts and the quality of facilities and services it will provide.
- One of the lowest building density and highest construction quality standards of any similar developments in Europe (energy certificate A or A+).
- Variety of residential and touristic real estate units for sale, some of which offering guaranteed rental returns (i.e., Viceroy Residences).
- Wide range of state-of-the-art facilities (18-hole golf course, sports facilities).
- A professional management structure that provides the highest standards in management services, ensuring homeowners’ needs are cared for.
- Open resort connected to the local community and promoting the local heritage.
- Annual action plan of activities to help break seasonality (once hotel is open).
- Tranquil and secure, with 24h security systems.