Not got tickets yet for The Algarveans’ latest production? Why ever not?
- A traditional Pantomime is a must-see in the run up to Christmas. Based on the beloved fairy-tale of Cinderella, the characters are larger than life, the action is packed full of fun and the visual and verbal jokes are plentiful.
- This is an updated Panto with local and contemporary references added by director Tracey Christiansen. But never fear, Good triumphs over Evil and everyone lives happily ever after.
- The show is entertaining for all the family – from three to 93. Children in the audience are encouraged to dress up as Prince or Princess at any performance they attend!
- The production features lots of catchy songs, plenty of cross-dressing and wonderful choreography.
- You are encouraged to participate with booing and hissing, applauding, cheering and even singing along.
- Director Christiansen brings years of experience to the table. “I cut my teeth on panto,” says Tracey who first trod the boards at the tender age of nine in Babes in the Wood and has played many roles from fairy to principal girl over the years. Together with choreographer Shelly Dança and musical director Shirley Devlin, Tracey and her cast and crew will ensure that the show is entertaining and professional.
- This year there are two matinées – Saturday and Sunday – as last year’s sold out!
- After the Sunday Matinée, all principal actors will be available on stage for photographs with audience members.
- There is a bar – served by The Algarveans’ Front of House crew. Remember to order your interval drinks.
- What better way to cheer yourself up on a dark November night than to see this wacky show. And we certainly need some escapism these days!
Cinderella, performed in English, is playing at the Carlos do Carmo Auditorium in Lagoa on November 17 and 18 at 7.45pm and November 18 and 19 at 2 pm. Tickets are available online at BOL.PT or in person at Auditório Carlos do Carmo, Convento de S. José and Balcão Único, all in Lagoa. Also from Worten and FNAC outlets. For more info www.thealgarveans.com