Stork nest causes fire near Lake Resort in Vilamoura

A stork nest on top of an EDP electrical transformer is believed to be the cause of a fire that broke out on Monday night (July 10) on a patch of scrubland near Vilamoura’s Lake Resort in Praia da Falésia.

According to tabloid Correio da Manhã, the blaze started at around 9pm due to a short circuit triggered somehow by the stork’s nest on top of the power box.

Flames were brought under control an hour later by 40 firefighters backed by 11 vehicles from Loulé, Silves, São Brás de Alportel and Faro.