Madrugada Support Centre in Praia da Luz is holding “drop-in” afternoons in September when visitors can benefit from free or donation-based services from several businesses in the Algarve.
Founded in 2009, the Luz-based charitable association Madrugada has provided ‘Hospice at Home’, end-of-life care and support to over 200 people in the Algarve.
Many others have benefitted from Madrugada’s advice and professional support to help manage the challenges of life-limiting illness through counselling, therapeutic and complementary therapies, advice, and education.
“Importantly, Madrugada has raised the profile of home-based end-of-life care and supportive therapies in Portugal,” said the association (see Madrugada’s listing under ‘Charities’ in the Resident’s Classifieds section).
So, why not stop by for an afternoon of free or donation-based “Drop-in” services?
• Computer/IT questions for Steven Dunwell
• 5-min chair massage with Graham Jones
• Essential oils with Wicky van Deemter
• Antique clock repair with Wout Heimans
• Yoga with Henrica Vanderaa (4pm-5pm both dates)
• Botanical artwork by Kriss MacDonald (on display all month).
• Volunteers welcome to sign-up to help in our charity shops and other activities
• New members welcome to stop by and find out more about Madrugada.
Dates: September 2 and September 16