THE FIRST annual Shoebox Drive for the elderly has started in earnest at the Hotel Garbe with a number of filled boxes already received, however more are needed.
Santa recently visited Sapataria International in Armação de Pêra (pictured here with organisers, Celia and David Mossman) and was delighted to find an endless supply of empty shoeboxes waiting to be filled and delivered to the elderly at Christmas.
If you want to help, here is what you’ll need to do:
• Find an empty shoebox, most shoe shops are only too pleased to give you one.
• Decide whether your gift will be for a lady or a gentleman.
• Fill your shoebox with a variety of gifts (each gift may be individually wrapped – see gift ideas below). Please pack carefully and wrap breakables well.
• Wrap the shoebox in Christmas paper and label it: lady, gentleman, or couple.
• Deliver filled shoeboxes to Castelo dos Sonhos or Hotel Garbe between November 15 and December 1, 2005.
Suggestions for presents: Shampoo, soap, body lotion, bath gel, hairbrush, comb, mirror, woolly hat, gloves, scarf, socks, hankies, tights, small shawl, sewing kit, shower cap, torch, packet of tissues, face cloth, tea towel, small notebook and pen, sweets or chocolate – please ensure they are well in date, small ornament, Christmas decorations or Christmas card.
Do not include:-
Crisps, cakes, biscuits or medicines.
For more information please contact David or Celia Mossman on 282 332 665 or
e-mail [email protected]