Tile Maker Lagos (by Sara Alves) 5.JPG

Rabbit feet really are lucky

A pet rabbit is being hailed as a hero after it was credited as being responsible for saving its owner from a house fire. However, any bravery awards will have to be given posthumously as the pet itself died of smoke inhalation.

The rabbit woke up the homeowner from Alaska by using its feet to scratch on its owner’s chest.  The scratching led to the owner waking up to find her home filled with smoke but thanks to the rabbit she had time to grab her daughter and flee the house.

More than 30 fire fighters came to the scene but were able to bring the fire under control quickly with damage to the house from the flames, smoke and water only considered to be moderate.

A spokesman from the fire department said that rabbit had succumbed to smoke inhalation.

Source: www.reuters.com