Quality of Algarve school meals improves – but 29% ‘could do a lot better’

There’s good news and bad over the quality of Algarve school meals.

The good news is that the percentage of meals passing ARS Algarve’s quality testing increased from 60% to 71% between 2011 and 2014.

The bad news is that 29% of them failed ARS’ tests.

ARS Algarve’s Ana Cristina Guerreiro said that “it is always raw foods, like salads” that fail quality testing.

Still, she prefers to look on the bright side.

“Today we can say that the number has dropped to 29%, while the other 71% are of acceptable and satisfactory quality. It is a significant increase,” she affirmed.

The tests were conducted in 140 Algarve schools.