TWO Portuguese companies are in the top three export giants in Portugal. GALP, the fuel company, and car business Autoeuropa are first and third, with INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES, a German semiconductors business, rated second for the first half of 2006.
Other companies in the league table published last week by the National Statistics Institute (INE) are:
• Opel Azambuja (cars, Portugal)
• Blaupunkt (cars, Germany)
• Peugeot (cars, France)
• Continental Mabor (cars, Germany)
• Delphi Automotive System (car components, US)
• Repsol (fuel, Spain)
• Soporcel (paper, Portugal)
• Portucel (paper, Portugal)
• Hydro Aluminium (aluminium, Norway).