Events || After a winter break, the Algarve’s International Autodrome (AIA) is getting ready for another year of speed-packed events, with the return of the hugely-popular Superbike World Championship and the never-before-seen-in-the-Algarve TCR International Series.
• FIM CEV Repsol International Championship (April 24-26). Taking place for the second year in a row at the AIA, this championship will kick off its season in Portimão and is considered a ‘trampoline’ to the Moto GP races, with 60% of the teams also participating in the Moto GP.
• TCR International Series (May 8-10). Created this year, the TCR International Series is an international touring car championship featuring cars that “not only look impressive but are capable of delivering a strong performance”. At the same time, the AIA will host Portugal’s national speed championship Racing Weekend while the nearby kartodrome will receive the CIK Karting European Championship.
• Superbike World Championship (June 5-7). One of the world’s most prestigious racing competitions, the SBK returns to the AIA for the eighth time in a row. Tickets are 35% cheaper if purchased before March 30.
• Blancpain GT Series (September 4-6). The world’s best GT’s from brands such as Audi, McLaren, Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche and Nissan compete in two different series: Sprint and GT.
• Algarve Classic Festival (October 23-25). Considered “one of the best competitions of Europe involving classic cars”, the ACF will return to the Portimão racetrack this year with “many surprises”.
• Maxi Endurance 32h (November 27-29). It made motorsport history last year, and is returning to the AIA with 32 straight hours of racing in what is considered the “world’s longest race”.
Tickets to all these events can be purchased at the autodrome’s retail outlet or by telephone or email.
282 405 642 | [email protected]