Indeed, indeed. Someone in need? A friend? Someone you want to give a gift but stuck on what to buy?
APAA, Association for Protection of Animals Algarve, has solved many problems of what to buy via their ‘Pop-Ups’, supplying endless goodies, hand-made, designer wreathes, peg-bags, hand-knitted baby clothes … Whatever next? A subscription. Pardon? An APAA membership subscription, either for €10 valid until April 30, 2023 or €30, a whacking year and a bit! Offering joint subs as well. You don’t have to be an animal owner, you can be an animal lover. Donations help keep the treasurer happy. Jackie also makes the shortbread cookies sold at APAA’s Pop-Ups.
Amongst all of this is serious work carried out by like-minded people. Simply caring for animals of all shapes and sizes, street-wise, dumped, pregnant, stranded … Whatever!
Help APAA by spreading the word. That’s all? Yup! Just a woof here or there.
Meantime, more than just a special ‘Pop-Up’ Fayre at the Holiday Inn, clients of this hotel were more than happy to spend their holiday money with APAA. Not just goodies, but special souvenirs of their fabulous visit to the Algarve. Jenny and Anita were well pleased with their takings. “The guests were very generous,” Jenny beams. “Thank you, HI!” A return hopefully in the future.
- Special Christmas Fayre calendars, cards, wreathes, home-made goodies, glassware, plus a lot more at O Tasco in Senhora do Verde (Portimão) on December 2, 12pm-3pm.
- Casa do Pasto A Parreirinha Restaurant in Odelouca on December 5, 4pm-6pm. For ladies, Christmas fayre, jewellery, Tupperware; for men, man-cave specials, tools, equipment and more.
- Next? All you could wish for! Christmas Fayre at Recanto dos Mouros in Silves on December 9, 12pm-3pm, featuring artist Gill Goode and Fiona’s Fi-Line Fashions. For a special lunch, book with Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org – members €20, non-members €22.50.
Make sure you get all your Christmas pressies now! Don’t leave it to the last minute.
Gary and Wendy at Pet Park in Mexilhoeira Grande (926 660 465) are extremely busy, keeping eyes out for re-homing ‘Rafa’ and Co. Bookings are increasing daily. A few penthouse and middle-range en-suite still available. They plan a very special time for their canine and feline clientele. Christmas food, if allowed, music, party toys … Woof!
- Alvor, Dunas Complex, Monday-Saturday, 10.30am-2pm
- Silves, Rua Elias Garcias 20, Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm (Sat 1pm). Packed with quality goodies. Bring or buy!