For property owners in the Algarve, the decision to rent your property is a huge decision. As a leading villa rental specialist in the region, SandyBlue believes that this decision can be one of the best you will ever make.
So, how can you make the most of your property investment and start offering tourists fabulous summer getaways at your villa? As we said, it’s a big decision and there are so many things to consider to ensure your villa is in the best hands.
Where do you start? What do you need to consider? The SandyBlue team have put together an essential checklist, outlining what your chosen rental agency should be offering when managing your property.
Your villa rental agency checklist
Small things can make all the difference. Of course, your main priority will be a rental agency that fills all availability and secures steady rental income. However, value adding services can also work wonders for your rental offering.
1) Understanding the area: Your rental agency should know the area you are located in. With this knowledge, they will be able to highlight unique selling points that will attract guests, both new and returning, to book your property as a base for their holiday.
2) Property management: Having assurance that your property is in the right hands is so important for your wellbeing. General maintenance, thorough cleaning, pool maintenance, key holders, financial advice/assistance…the list is long. Having someone to manage these for you really takes the worry away.
3) Value adding services: Knowing the area means a rental agency can also recommend the best places for guests to visit. It doesn’t end there. For example, SandyBlue has created many local business partnerships who can provide in-villa experiences such as a private chef, beauty therapies and children’s activities. Offering this from your villa will make all the difference.
4) Exceptional calendar management: From managing seamless check-in and check-out processes to selling gaps outside of peak season, your villa rental specialist should demonstrate an organised and strategic approach to your calendar.
5) Standout marketing: Visual impact is so important in this industry. Research agencies and look for companies that use first-class photography. With this in place, dedicated marketing for your villa will have an even bigger impact. Regular social posts, targeted ad campaigns and email newsletters have proved a huge success for the SandyBlue portfolio.
6) Prioritising guests: A simple welcome basket sets the tone for your villa. It’s also important to get feedback so you can constantly improve your villa rental offering.
Your success is our success
At SandyBlue, our process across all departments ensures everything on this checklist is done to the best standard. Our portfolio has seen great success in 2022 and we can’t wait to see more villa owners find happiness in the beautiful Algarve!
By Joe Mountain
|| [email protected]
Joe Mountain is founder of Algarve villa rental specialists SandyBlue.
289 392 236 | www.sandyblue.com