Olhanense skipper Leleco (red/black) and Amora FC captain Ruben Nunes

Olhanense back on track

After picking up just one point from their previous two league outings, SC Olhanense returned to form with a 3-1 victory over Amora FC (Lisbon) at the Olhão Municipal Stadium last Sunday.

The visitors took the lead after 12 minutes when Tiago Duques was bundled over in the area and Jorge Monteiro slotted the resulting penalty past Alioune Fall.

Olhanense were finding it difficult to slow the game down against a lively Amora team in which Bruno Langa was in sparkling form. On the half-hour mark, Olhanense centre-forward Stevy Okitokandjo should have levelled matters when one-on-one with the keeper but, four minutes later, he made amends as he calmly slipped the ball past Rui Nibra and into the back of the net.

As half-time fast approached, Amora had a succession of shots blocked by the resolute home defence. A desperate long clearance was chased by Stevy Okitokandjo who got his head to the ball a second before the advancing Amora keeper who collided with the robust centre-forward.

Rui Nibra was off for an early bath to be replaced by Patrick Costinha.

A minute after the restart, Stevy Okitokandjo charged down the left and pulled the ball back across the edge of the penalty area where Tiago Barros was on hand to fire past the substitute keeper.

Midway through the second-half, Olhanense brought on new signing Elisson Santos and the 22-year-old midfielder had an impressive debut creating the third goal with a delightful reverse pass for skipper Leleco to score and tie up the points.

Olhanense leapfrog Amora into fifth place of the Campeonato de Portugal Division D. On Sunday, Olhanense travel to Sintra to play third place Real SC.


Olhanense skipper Leleco (red/black) and Amora FC captain Ruben Nunes
: Olhanense’s Caleb (25) and Geraldo Matsimbe (Amora) challenge for the ball
Olhanense skipper Leleco receives treatment after being flattened
Amora keeper Rui Nibra, later sent-off, clears the ball