Walks will be held in every parish in Lagoa
Lagoa is hosting another edition of ‘Caminhadas ao Luar’, a series of nighttime walks which will take place throughout July and August in every parish of the municipality.
“This non-competitive event aims to encourage local citizens to increase their levels of physical activity in order to improve their general health,” organisers say.
Participants can choose to walk (5km) or run (10km), meaning each event is adaptable to every lifestyle.
The walks will take place every Wednesday at 8.30pm from July 12 to August 16, with the following dates and meeting places confirmed:
- July 12 – Lagoa (Jacinto Correia Municipal Pavilion)
- July 19 – Porches (Senhora da Rocha Church Square)
- July 26 – Parchal (Belavista Stadium)
- August 2 – Ferragudo (Rainha D. Leonor Square)
- August 9 – Estômbar (Municipal Garden)
- August 16 – Carvoeiro (Beachside Square)
Registrations can be carried out online (starting from July 1); in person at Lagoa council or the local parish councils; or on the day of the event.
Admission is free, although participants are advised to bring their own portable light source.