New year, new start for Olhanense?

As well as winning their last two games of the year in the Campeonato de Portugal, news broke that a new group of Italian investors have taken control of the Olhanense SAD (limited liability sports club) owning 80% of the capital with Sporting Clube Olhanense retaining the remaining 20%.

Entrepreneur Andrea Papadia is the new president of SAD who ordered the immediate refurbishment of the José Arcanjo Stadium pitch with a view to the team returning ‘home’ for the game against Moura on Sunday, January 13.

Whilst the team’s home performances have yielded six wins and two draws, their poor away form – only four points from a possible 21 – must improve if they are to be serious promotion contenders.

This Sunday’s game away at 1º Dezembro will be a stern test as the Lisbon club has only lost one home game this season.