New event to bring talented musicians to all corners of Lagos
A new series of concerts entitled ‘Ciclo Internacional de Música Terras do Infante’ will begin tomorrow (March 12) in Lagos with a performance by Desassossego Ensemble at Nossa Senhora da Luz church in Praia da Luz at 9.30pm.
According to the organisers, it was created as part of the “intense artistic and cultural activity” that both associations have developed in order to “promote and decentralise culture in Portugal”.
Nine concerts will take place in March and April, while several activities are due to be carried out with the local school community.
Desassossego Ensemble will be the first act to take the stage, featuring the musical talents of Francisco Serôdio (Trombone) and Vera Batista (piano).
Serôdio has a degree in Trombone from the University of Évora and is a founding member of the Contemporaneus Ensemble, which has performed all over Portugal and Europe. He has been the Pedagogical Director at the Lagos Music and Arts Conservatory and is also a music teacher at the Lagos Conservatory and Musical Academy of Portimão.
Meanwhile, Batista holds a Master’s degree in Choir Direction and a degree in Piano and Chamber Music, with a long list of achievements such as Musical Director of several choirs in the Algarve. She is a founding member of the national choir music association Coros Portugal and the VocalAparte ensemble and is also a teacher at the Lagos Music and Arts Conservatory.
The full programme for ‘Ciclo Internacional de Música Terras do Infante’ is as follows, with all concerts beginning at 9.30pm (also see poster below):
- Desassossego Ensemble – March 12 (Nossa Senhora da Luz church, Praia da Luz)
- 100 Caminhos – March 18 (Freiras church, Lagos)
- Quarteto de Cordas de Matosinhos – March 19 (Nossa Senhora da Luz church, Praia da Luz)
- Kebyart Ensemble – March 26 (Freiras church, Lagos)
- Flauta & Guitarra – April 1 (Matriz church, Barão de São João)
- Canto & Piano – April 2 (S. Bartolomeu church, Bensafrim)
- Grupo Coral de Lagos – April 8, 9 and 10 (S. Bartolomeu church, Nossa Senhora da Luz church, and Freiras church, respectively, with only this closing concert starting at 7pm)
Admission is free but seats must be booked beforehand.
+351 282 760 748 | +351 924 049 772 | firstname.lastname@example.org