THE WOMEN’S Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS) has recently launched a recipe book.
Did you know that pineapples do not ripen after they have been picked, that to ripen green bananas you should place a red tomato next to them, or that if you plant mint near your windows and doors you can keep ants from entering the house?
These are just a few of the tips you can find in the WRVS Recipe Book, on sale in the following places:
• The British Retirement Home, São Pedro do Estoril
• Dr. Andrew French’s Medical Surgery, Cascais
• Dr. Haley’s Dental Surgery, Cascais
• The Griffin Bookshop, Almancil
• By post from Ruth Hurst, 919 351 921.
All proceeds from the sale of the books go to charity and contributions from the last printing went to Laço to help buy mobile mammogram units to enable thousands of women in Portugal to be examined for breast cancer.