O4M International School & O’Kido, situated between Ferragudo and Sesmarias (Lagoa), is a non-profit co-educational international school with a vision – to prepare students from 15 months to 18 years for the challenges they face as citizens of the 21st century.
The school’s goal is to develop independent, confident and principled individuals able and willing to fulfill the role of valuable members of society and who will be able to speak various languages.
The O4M school is subsidised by the Dutch government and supervised by the Ministery of Education in the Netherlands with inspections by the Dutch inspectorate of education.
Because the school has various educational services under one roof, it makes O4M International School similar to the ‘brede’ (broad) schools found in Holland.
The second phase of construction to create extra classrooms for our new English section will be completed over the next few months before pupils start school in September.
The school is situated in a lovely setting with lots of outdoor spaces to explore.
• CRECHE & PRE SCHOOL – Bilingual (English and Portuguese) – 15 months to five years. Open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.30pm. The facility offers full or part time childcare services.
• PRIMARY DUTCH SCHOOL – four years to 12 years. Students are taught the Dutch curriculum in preparation for their CITO end test.
• SECONDARY DUTCH SCHOOL – 12 years to 19 years. Students are taught the Dutch curriculum in preparation for their final state exams.
• NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2012 – ENGLISH PRIMARY SCHOOL – five years to 11 years, following the National curriculum. Enrolment for the new English Primary section is now available and appointments can be made to view the school and its facilities. For further information, visit www.o4m-english.com
• O’ KIDO HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES/PLAY CENTRE – THEMED BIRTHDAY PARTIES and SUMMER CAMPS. Summertime in the Algarve can be very difficult for parents with children as long school holidays can often leave children feeling bored and parents struggling as they juggle work with child care.
At O’Kido they understand these demands and have already devised some great summer solutions for children of all ages for an affordable price.
During July, August and September 2012, O’Kido will be running a daily summer camp (8.30amd to 6pm) for children between the ages of three and 17 with parents able to enroll their children either for individual days, week blocks or for entire months.
There is, for example, a fantasy and fairytale camp, a survival camp, a sports and games camp and a dance camp. Camp Rock is the only themed week of activities that run over five days and four nights.
Please contact www.siteright.com/okido for more information or alternatively phone 935 250 645.
Click here to follow the Algarve Resident on facebook