If you live in Lagoa and are over the age of 18, then you can already vote for the eight projects included in the borough’s ‘Orçamento Participativo’, an initiative that allows citizens to suggest and vote for their own projects.
Voting started last week (August 10) and will continue until Saturday, September 10.
Each person can vote for their two favourite projects.
The council has €300,000 to bring them to life, so how many projects will be funded depends on how much the top-voted ones cost.
For example, if the three most voted projects cost €250,000 then €50,000 will be left to fund another.
The eight projects that can be voted for include:
• P1 – Building a bicycle path between Senhora da Rocha and Armação de Pêra
• P4 – Paving the road in Sítio das Travessadas
• P5 – Buying a van for Carvoeiro’s senior centre
• P9 – Providing water supply to the Cercas, Urzais and Lobito areas
• P10 – Setting up shading at, and renovating Mexilhoeira da Carregação’s sports centre.
• P11 – Renovating Mexilhoeira da Carregação’s riverside playground
• P12 – Replacing rubbish bins for recycling areas at the Fazenda Grande and Quinta de S. Pedro urbanisations
• P18 – Paving the path between the Piano Garden restaurant and Vale da Canada (Ferragudo).
Residents can vote at their local parish council, and at Ferragudo’s CTT office.
Photo: One of the projects suggested is the building of a bicycle path between Senhora da Rocha and Armação de Pêra