Job prospects

Lagoa Câmara has signed a protocol with the employment and training institute (IEFP), in an effort to combat growing unemployment.

The protocol will see 84 people being employed in various roles by the Câmara, including gardeners, drivers, administration staff and a psychologist.

Lagoa Câmara will pay 20 per cent of the wages and meal subsidy, while the IEFP will pay the remaining 80 per cent, according to what the new employees declared to have earned prior to being unemployed.