The event raised awareness and funds in support of Animal Rescue Algarve
The first ever WOOFF (Worn Only Once Fashion and Furniture) Fashion Show sold out its Quinta do Lago venue on October 14. The event sold 100 tickets and was an absolute success, with attendees from both the Portuguese and international communities filling up every seat in the house, and all revenues going to help Animal Rescue Algarve’s (ARA) work.
Beyond being the first of its kind, WOOFF’s Fashion Show achieved what is seldom possible: to support an urgent and meaningful cause, while at the same time lifting people’s spirits and putting a smile on their faces in the process.
The event, organised by the WOOFF shop volunteers and ARA’s team, saw a host of volunteer models parading alongside some of ARA’s dogs. More than a mere display of clothes available at the charity shops, the event was tied together in a quasi-theatrical manner, with bespoke music and attires inviting the audience to stroll across various themes: 1) Walking the Dog with ARA Dogs; 2) Ladies that Lunch; 3) Cultural Endeavours; 4) Sports Events; 5) Animal Print; 6) Christmas Party Sparkle; 7) The Wedding.
The Quinta do Lago venue was appropriately decorated with clothes and items available at the Almancil and Loulé charity shops, and contributed to the scenic environment that flowed around the runway, as canapés and drinks were served.
The ceremony concluded with the announcement of the winners of the “luxurious basket” raffled in support of ARA, while members of the charity thanked all for the opportunity to “truly make a difference in the world, dedicating their lives to rescuing and treating society’s most vulnerable inhabitants”.
WOOFF also reaffirmed the need for ongoing support, “no matter how small”, for these projects, to guarantee their sustainability well into the future.
Both WOOFF and ARA are always looking for new ways to increase the reach and impact of their work, and this is how you can help:
- Donate your time: up to three hours a week, at the Loulé or Almancil
- Donate your unwanted high-quality
- Shop at our shops: before heading out to a mainstream outlet, stop by at one of our locations. You will be contributing to animal welfare, in an environmentally sustainable manner, while empowering local communities.
- Donations: Dog/cat food; toys; blankets/towels; leashes and harnesses;
- Volunteer: Our dog-walking and animal-socialisation programmes are the perfect way to help the most vulnerable of our animals.
- Spread the word: be an ambassador to ARA’s work; animals cannot speak or vote, but you can.
Almancil: Address R. Cristóvão Pires Norte, 8135-117 289 356 355
Loulé: Av. Andrade de Sousa Urbanização Boas Entradas Edifício Atlântico Plaza Lote 73, Loja C, 8100-724 Loulé
289 416 061
For more information on donations, volunteering or any queries: