Rotary Club Estoi Palace International (RCEPI) is holding its 7th Annual Charity Golf Day at Monte Rei Golf and Country Club, recently listed as one of the top courses in Europe and the only Jack Nicklaus course in Portugal. This will be an opportunity to golf for charity “packed into a fun-filled day”.
Organisers invite those interested to take advantage of the “Early Bird” offer through the RCEPI website online form at https://rotaryestoipalace.org/golf-registration. You can register as an individual and be placed with a foursome if you do not have your own group.
Sponsors for this year’s tournament are welcome and interested companies are invited to visit the online page for sponsors at: https://rotaryestoipalace.org/golf-sponsorship/
Last year the tournament raised €10,000 which has been used to fund various community projects. The Club has helped fund:
• a mobile breast cancer unit
• a mobile lung and skin cancer screening van
• a fully equipped new ambulance for Sao Bras Bombeiros
• a refrigerated truck for Faro Food Bank
• a local school purchase a new oven and other much needed equipment and books
• tuition fees for students at Faro University
• a local milk programme
• wheelchairs and crucial wheelchair access
• Christmas gifts for disadvantaged children
The Algarve Resident will be running a competition nearer the time, so watch out for further information on tickets to be won.