Bureaucracy is something most of us dread, as it is a nuisance and extremely time-consuming. And if you are an expat living abroad, it may be even worse, as there is the all language barrier issue to overcome.
When it comes to motor vehicles, for instance, Portugal requires its owners to do and keep up to date a number of things that might otherwise result in fines, some quite substantial. Created in 2006 and operating in the Algarve region, docLAGOS works in the vehicle documentation management area, and promises to save you quite a bit of time and headaches. Whether it is a specific characteristic that needs changing on your car registry, a license plate number that needs cancelling, or an imported vehicle, purchased abroad, that needs to be registered legally in Portugal, they know what to do, when to do it, and can handle the whole process for you.
Attentive and focused on the satisfaction of its customers, docLAGOS has, over the years, perfected its operating methods with solutions tailored to its clients needs, offering various products and services that complement its activity. They will save you time and inconvenience by dealing with any matter related with drivers and motor vehicles themselves, rendering a vast range of services, such as:
At the IMT (Portugal’s Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency):
– Vehicle modifications and conversions (dealing with the bureaucratic part of the service);
– Changes made to colours and other specifications;
– Annotations regarding window tint film applications, GVW and tyre specification changes;
– Registry cancellations;
– Reinstatement of cancelled registrations;
– Impounded vehicles;
– Collection of impounded documents;
– Reissuing documentation;
– Restarting unfinished procedures;
– Legalisation of imported vehicles;
At Portugal’s Vehicle Registry Office (Conservatória do Registo Automóvel):
– Registration of vehicle ownership;
– Change of car address registration;
– Cancellation of reservation registration;
Based in Lagos, they are available by appointment, Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and will be delighted to assist you in any of these matters.
(+351) 282 087 439
(+351) 911 052 803
(+351) 935 556 230
[email protected] | doclagos.com