Crèche must indemnify parents of baby who choked to death on piece of banana

A crèche in Lisbon has been ordered to indemnify the parents of a 20-month-old baby who died in 2016 after choking on a piece of banana. The Supreme Court (meaning, the parents have had to battle through the courts for this ruling) decreed the indemnity of €42,500 (of which €17,000 will have to be paid by the creche ‘Humanus’) “in spite of there being no certainties on the baby’s survival had help been more rapid”, explain reports today.