CHRISTMAS COMPETITION DECEMBER 2019 - Terms & conditions
1. Open to Algarve residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Algarve Resident newspaper, and of publishing company Open Media Group, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition.
2. Only one entry/picture per person.
3. The picture must be taken in the Algarve in the month of December 2019 and include a festive/Christmas element. Photomontages and indecent/inappropriate content will not be allowed. The Algarve Resident is reserved the right to select the pictures it considers suitable as per the rules of this competition.
4. Deadline for submitting pictures via the Algarve Resident Facebook page, through private message, is Wednesday, December 4.
5. Selected pictures will be posted on the Algarve Resident Facebook page on Friday, December 6.
6. All pictures will include the entrant’s name and picture location.
7. The three pictures with the most “likes” by Thursday, December 12 at 12am (midnight) will be the winners.
8. In case of a draw, the Algarve Resident is reserved the right to select the winner.
9. The winners will be notified by phone or email using the contact details provided by the winner, and announced in the Algarve Resident printed edition of Thursday, December 12 as well as online. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Algarve Resident reserves the right to select another winner from the entries.
10. Prizes are: Dinner for two at The One restaurant or massage for two at the Tivoli Spa Carvoeiro, courtesy of Tivoli Carvoeiro (1st prize); Christmas Hamper, courtesy of Intermarché (2nd prize); Algarve Resident wine writer Patrick Stuart’s mixed box selection of six bottles: red, white, sparkling wine and Port for Christmas (3rd prize)
11. Winners will be required to pick up their prize from our offices in Lagoa (Parque Empresarial do Algarve nº 7) on Tuesday, December 17 at 12 noon.
12. Pictures will be taken of the winners with their prizes for publication in the Algarve Resident edition of Thursday, December 19, as well as online.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
*GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Algarve Resident reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Algarve Resident under this promotion including their name, address and email address.
4. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
5. The Algarve Resident reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Algarve Resident reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Algarve Resident’s website (www.portugalresident.com).
6. The Algarve Resident reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Algarve Resident a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable, and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Algarve Resident’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Algarve Resident will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Algarve Resident or its employees, the Algarve Resident will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Algarve Resident or any associated or subsidiary company of the publishing company, Open Media Group.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Algarve Resident reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Algarve Resident reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. Competition rules published in publications of the Algarve Resident (including social media if applicable) or on the Website form part of these rules.