Zoomarine (Best Park/Company of Tourist Entertainment) and Vilamoura Marina (Best Marina) were the two Algarve representatives that brought home an award from this year’s Publituris Trade Awards, held on Wednesday (February 25) during the BTL tourism fair in Lisbon.
The Algarve had fielded 10 nominations for the awards, but only the Guia-based theme park and the marina, recently considered ‘Best International Marina’ by The Yacht Harbour Association (THYA), came out on top.
Other winners are:
• MSC Cruzeiros (Best Cruise Company)
• ATR (Best General Sales Agent for Aviation)
• Leading (Best Professional Congress Organiser)
• MEO Arena (Best Event Establishment)
• Centro de Congressos de Lisboa (Best Congress Establishment)
• Travelstore American Express (Best Corporate Agency)
• Soltropico.pt (Best Tour Operator Website)
• Pestana Tróia Eco-Resort (Best Eco-tourism Project)
• The Yeatman (Best Wine Tourism Accommodation)
• Vidago Palace Hotel (Best Independent Hotel)
• Casas do Côro (Best Rural Tourism)
• Cascais (Best Municipality)
• Pedro Costa Ferreira, president of APAVT (Personality of the Year)