The Algarve brought home three prizes from the Publituris Portugal Trade Awards 2020, with Zoomarine being named ‘Best Theme Park’, Vilamoura Marina winning ‘Best Marina’ and Vilamoura’s Centro de Congressos do Algarve crowned as ‘Best Congress Centre’. The region had fielded 14 nominations.
The winners were announced on Tuesday (March 17) in Lisbon.
The Publituris Portugal Trade Awards are held every year and aim to “distinguish excellence in tourism”. They are organised by tourism newspaper Publituris.
Vilamoura Marina is no stranger to the award, having received the distinction for the 10th year straight.
“The distinction recognises the high level of satisfaction of Marina de Vilamoura’s clients along with the quality of nautical services and facilities provided. The award follows on from the consecutive 2019 and 2020 recognition as “International Marina Of The Year” by the Yacht Harbour Association,” the marina said in a statement to the press.
Zoomarine is also regularly awarded the title of ‘Best Theme Park’ while the Centro de Congressos do Algarve was a first-time winner.
Other winners include:
• MSC Cruzeiros (Best Cruise Company)
• APG Portugal (Best General Sales Agent for Aviation)
• Top Atlântico (Best Corporate Agency)
• Turitravel (Best B2B Reservations Centre)
• Altice (Best Event Venue)
• Picos de Aventura (Best Tourist Entertainment)
• Pedras Salgadas Spa & Nature Park (Best Eco Accomodation)
• Monverde Wine Experience Hotel (Best Wine Hotel)
• Sublime Comporta Country Retreat & Spa (Best Exclusive Hotel)
• Savoy Palace (Best Luxury Hotel)
• Herdade da Malhadinha Nova (Best Rural Accomodation)
• Guest-U (Best Start-up)
• Lisbon (Best Municipality)