Vila Vita Parc, Dom José Beach Hotel and Onyria Palmares Golf were the three Algarve establishments that received an accolade at the Publituris Portugal Travel Awards, held on Friday (September 11) at the Pine Cliffs Resort in Albufeira.
Only a few days after Portugal won dozens of awards at the World Travel Awards (see Portugal glitters at World Travel “Oscars”), the country’s own travel ‘Oscars’ saw the Algarve winning ‘Best Resort Hotel’ (Vila Vita Parc), ‘Best Three-Star Hotel’ (Dom José Beach Hotel) and ‘Best Golf Course’ (Onyria Palmares).
Vila Galé, which runs nine of its 27 Portuguese hotels in the Algarve, was named ‘Best Hotel Chain’.
The remaining winners include:
• Best Airline: TAP
• Best Low-Cost Airline: easyJet
• Best Rent-a-Car: Avis
• Best Destination Management Company: Top Atlântico DMC
• Best Tour Operator: Solférias
• Best Travel Agent: Viagens Abreu
• Best Five-Star Hotel: Epic Sana Lisboa
• Best Four-Star Hotel: Heritage Av da Liberdade
• Best Boutique Hotel: Pestana Palácio do Freixo
• Best Design Hotel: Altis Belém Hotel & Spa
• Best International Tourism Delegation: Macau
• Best National Tourism Destination: Centre
• Sustainability Prize: Ecorkhotel Évora Suites & Spa
• Prize for Higher Education Tourism School: University of Aveiro
• Event of the Year: Champions League Final
• Belmiro Santos Career Award: António Trindade, CEO of the PortoBay group