A record 14 restaurants are taking part in the Algarve Chefs Week between Monday, May 29 and Sunday, June 4.
This year, chefs are challenged to create menus inspired by traditional Algarve canned delicacies and ‘petiscos’ (tapas).
Each of the chefs’ restaurants – all located in top-class hotels – will be open for dinner, with menus costing €30.
As in previous events, €1 of the price of each meal is donated to Faro’s CASA charity for people in need throughout the region.
There will also be a “launch event” at Loulé’s municipal market on Saturday (May 27). For €10, visitors can enjoy four tapas, a “feijoada” (traditional stew) and two desserts, meet each of the 14 chefs and even enter a raffle for a free dinner at one of the hotels.
The launch event starts at 7.30pm.
The full list of chefs, restaurants and hotels taking part in the Algarve Chefs Week is as follows:
• Chef David Domingues – Restaurante À Terra, Praia Verde Boutique Hotel
• Chef Adérito de Almeida – Restaurante À Terra, Vila Monte
• Chef André Simões – Restaurante Cilantro, Hilton Vilamoura
• Chef Luís Batalha – Restaurante Kamal, Dona Filipa Hotel
• Chef Miguel Teixeira – Restaurante Koi, Vidamar Resort
• Chef Osvalde Silva – Restaurante Louro, Conrad Algarve
• Chef Vitor Monteiro – Restaurante Bar L14, NAU Salgados Dunas Suite
• Chef Luis Correia – Restaurante Mare Nostrum, Lake Spa Resort
• Chef Louis Anjos – Restaurante Mon-Chic, Macdonald Monchique
• Chef José Leitão – Restaurante MoonLight, NAU Salgados Palace
• Chef André Basto – Restaurante Pepper’s Steakhouse, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
• Chef Diogo Pereira – Restaurante Senses, Cascade Wellness & Lifestle Resort
• Chef Miguel Lourenço – Restaurante The Olive Tree, Vale d’Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa
• Chef Vasco Sampaio – Restaurante The One Gourmet, Tivoli Carvoeiro