Algarve Chefs Week begins on Monday
Fourteen acclaimed chefs from some of the Algarve’s best luxury hotels are taking part in this year’s edition of the Algarve Chefs Week, which will take place between Monday and Sunday (May 13-19) and will be inspired by the “products and most authentic traditions of regional gastronomy”.
For one week, the event will give everyone a chance to enjoy an “unmatched experience” at one of the 14 participating restaurants.
The menus are created especially for the event and cost €30, not including drinks.
As in previous events, €1 of the price of each meal is donated to a regional charity.
There will be a launch event on Saturday, May 11 at 6pm near Portimão’s old fish market. Admission is free although visitors will be able a variety of dishes created by the renowned chefs for €10.
Here is the list of the participating chefs and restaurants:
• Diogo Pereira – Senses, Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort (Lagos)
• Luís Batalha – Mon-Chic, Monchique Resort & Spa (Monchique)
• Bruno Augusto – The Olive Tree, Vale d’Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa (Carvoeiro)
• João Vieira – The One, Tivoli Carvoeiro (Carvoeiro)
• Miguel Lourenço – Aroma, Monte Santo Resort (Carvoeiro)
• Vítor Monteiro – L14, NAU Salgados Dunas Suite (Galé)
• José Leitão – Moonlight Bar & Restaurant, Nau Salgados Palace (Galé)
• André Basto – Pepper’s Steakhouse, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura (Vilamoura)
• Bruno Viegas – Emo Gourmet, Anantara Vilamoura (Vilamoura)
• Vítor Moreira – Mare Nostrum, The Lake Spa Resort (Vilamoura)
• André Simões – Cilantro, Hilton Vilamoura (Vilamoura)
• Osvalde Silva – Louro, Conrad Algarve (Quinta do Lago)
• Adérito de Almeida – À Terra, Vila Monte Farm House (Moncarapacho)
• David Domingues – À Terra, Praia Verde (Altura)
For more information on the chefs, restaurants and their menus, visit www.algarvechefsweek.com