Only a few tickets left for Vila Vita’s extraordinary Kitchen Party
The countdown has begun to Vila Vita’s Fine Wines & Food Fair and there are still some tickets available for the Kitchen Party event on Saturday, May 11, an extraordinary event attracting some of the world’s top chefs and wine producers.
The fourth Fine Wines & Food Fair, which runs from May 5 to 13, is currently the biggest gastronomic event in the Algarve.
Held every two years, the fair pairs the finest culinary creations from renowned national and international chefs with the best wines and producers, all under the same roof.
The 2019 edition will include a programme of inspiring gastronomic experiences, including a series of exclusive themed dinners with Vila Vita’s own culinary mastermind, Hans Neuner, from Ocean restaurant, cooking alongside international chef talent, top winemakers and gourmet producers.
For visitors, this is a chance to come face to face with countless chefs and oenologists during the event, which will culminate, as is now tradition, with the extraordinary Kitchen Party in the Vila Vita Clubhouse featuring the guest chefs and winemakers working together to create “culinary magic” for over 500 guests.
Tickets for the Kitchen Party start from €295 per person.
This year’s list of international guest chefs includes:
• Andreas Caminada*** from Schauenstein Schloss Restaurant Hotel in Fürstenau, Switzerland
• Christian Bau*** from Victor’s Fine Dining in Saarland, Germany
• Jacob-Jan Boerma*** from De Leest in The Netherlands
• Jan Hartwig*** from Atelier in Munich, Germany
• Dieter Koschina** from Vila Joya, in the Algarve, Portugal
• Karlheinz Hauser** from Restaurant Seven Seas in Hamburg, Germany
• Konstantin Filippou** from Restaurant Konstantin Filippou, in Vienna, Austria
• Oscar Velasco** from Restaurant Santceloni in Madrid, Spain
• Thomas Allan** from The Modern in New York, US
• Álvaro Garrido* from Restaurant Mina, Bilbao, Spain
• Delfo Schiaffino* from Gusto by Heinz Beck, Portugal
• Fritz Helfesrieder* from Gasthof zum Storchen in Bad Krozingen, Germany
• João Oliveira* from Vista Restaurant, in the Algarve, Portugal
• Jochen Helfesrieder* from Gasthof zum Storchen in Bad Krozingen, Germany
• Martin Fauster* from Munich, Germany
• Nigel Haworth* from Northcote in Lancashire, UK
• Pedro Almeida* from Restaurant Midori in Sintra, Portugal
• Philippe Vanheule* from Hof Ter Eycken in Ninove, Belgium
• Roberto Carturan* from Ristorante Alfredo in Cologne, Germany
• Chakall from El Bulo, Lisboa, Portugal
As for wine producers and sommeliers, the fair will welcome Luís Duarte representing the home teams of Herdade dos Grous and Quinta do Valbom; the master sommelier from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, Stefan Neumann; Vincent Gerardin, who produces his namesake wines in Burgundy, France; Sandra Tavares da Silva from Quinta da Chocapalha; and Hans Reisetbauer from the Austrian distillery bearing his last name; among many other well-known names in the wine world.
For the full programme and to book, visit www.finewinesfoodfair.com
Photo: VASCO CÉLIO/STILLS